Sunday, July 27, 2014

Dinner Gone Right

You know those nights when you have a great idea for dinner and 1/3 of the way into it you realize you can't execute quite like you thought?  That was tonight.  I had bought Ribeye steaks this week (I had put "grill meat" on my menu planning and Ribeyes were on sale) and thought it would be a great night to BBQ.  We have a community BBQ that is right out my door so I figured I'd get the steak rub mixed and applied and then go fire it up while it marinated.  Long story short the BBQ was out of commission so I had to quickly decide how I was going to cook the meat.  I found this lovely recipe online and gave it a whirl.  It was fantastic!  Mr. Bell gave it an A+ (which is not quickly given when it comes to steaks) and H-Man downed half of mine!  I am really only posting this because some of you know my start to cooking and can see how far I've come from that awesome Chicken Cordon Bleu!
I used this rub, but I lessened the red pepper and added a hearty dash of onion powder. 
Mr. Bell prefers well-done so I did 3 minute flips in the oven 2x. 
I forgot to take a picture until Mr. Bell was going back for seconds!  Here's the best he could take before he devoured it. This picture does not so it justice!  Give this recipe a try!

Until rest time- Mrs. Bell

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, the epic story of the Chicken Cordon Bleu! Such a great story & memory of your beginning cooking adventures :) As I've quoted before "If you can read, you can cook!" Although it does take practive ... the Cordon Bleu was over 5 years ago! Love you my little chef!

    ReplyDelete