Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Strong Suits

We all have our strong suits. Some moms are crafty and creative and can sit with their littles and produce the most extravagant creations. They fill their little minds with ideas and beautiful thoughts of how to make something magical from ordinary things. Some moms are well-tempered and not easily angered as they keep their home in pristine fashion all while their littles quietly enjoy letting their imaginations run wild and free among the pages of literary masterpieces. Some moms bask in the adventures that await in the fresh air and keep their littles pulses racing with new games and treasure hunts of places to explore. As I said: we all have our strong suits.

Let this post serve it’s only purpose and that is to encourage you. You have a strong suit as a mom. It’s not the same as your best mom friend. It’s not the same as your sister or mom. It’s exactly how God made you. 

My strong suit is NOT a pristine home.  I enjoy having a clean and tidy home.  I relish in the calm and serenity a put together home offers.  I keep my home within reach of that goal, however, it does not remain a constant.  That is alright.  I have friends who do have the gift of a pristine home.  Their living rooms should be in magazines.  I could spend each day comparing myself and feeling inadequate or I can choose joy and know that God has given me other areas where I thrive. 

 “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Romans 12:2 

This is my reality.  This is the unedited, bad lighting, non-pre-tidied-up, truth of my living room this morning.  If you come to stay with us you will not see this reality because I will prepare my home for guests, but be encouraged or cringe at what my home looked like when I sat down for my time in the Word this morning. 


Until Rest Time-
Mrs. Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment