My little family plus my in-laws just returned from 10 days in the Caribbean :). We did 2 days of exploring of our own and then jumped on a ship and sailed away to various islands. It was a wonderful trip!
Here are some of my top highlights:
Natural palm trees. I love how they grow towards the sun and in clusters. Beautiful!
Having the world's largest stateroom without breaking the bank. We had NO IDEA we would end up with a suite with 2 bedrooms and a living room. Talk about luxury living at sea!
Teaching H-man how to ice skate. This was a special treat provided by our new friends. One of my dearest friends from SoCal has a brother who works on the ship we were on. We connected with him and his wife and they pulled out the stops to make the trip amazing for our kids. Nothing like getting a private lesson from the ice captain on board! St. Maarten has the ever famous airport beach. The runway is just beyond the beach. We had the chance to see a 747 come in for a landing while we were there. What an exhilarating experience to see a massive airplane coming straight at you!
Dates. My in-laws were incredible and constantly asked to watch the adventurers so we could have date days/nights. This was a fun lunch at the delicious Rosemary's in Marigot.
My favorite beach from the whole week was Protestant Cay in Christiansted, St Croix. (It's the island behind us.) The waves were small for the adventurers, the beach less crowded, and just all around gorgeous!
Lastly, among my top moments of the trip this was by far the highlight. We made friends. I mentioned my friend had told me her brother and sister-in-law worked on the ship. Due to lack of wifi I had to find them the old-fashioned way: stocking every blond male resembling my friend and getting embarrassingly close enough to read their name tags until I found him. (Because there are so many crew and staff no one I asked seemed to know them.) They were extremely kind and welcoming and we hit it off right away. That night they introduced us to their close friends on the ship. From that point on we hung out numerous times and laughed late into the nights. I'm so glad we had the grandparents along who wanted to spend the evenings resting with our adventurers so we could enjoy some grown up time!
There are so many more photos but this will have to do for now. I have 1 other highlight, but no specific picture at the moment to show it. I returned to the cold Midwest with a great tan ;)
Until rest time- Mrs. Bell







So how did you end up scoring the suite??
ReplyDelete