In high school I would raid her attic for costumes during Homecoming week. In 1999 the theme was "Millenium" and the freshman class was assigned the 40s era. My Nana smiled and passed me the most gorgeous dress with a price tag pinned inside: $35. The dress was purchased in the mid/late 40s and was the most money she had ever paid for a dress. I wore that dress not only for that particular dress-up day, but countless Halloweens following that year.
Once I had H-man I didn't have the hope of returning to a 24/25" waist so I decided to bid farewell to the dress. After working all my years in casting I could only think of 1 option: donate the dress to a costume house in LA where it would be appreciated and used. I have since wondered what became of the dress.
Tonight my heart burst and I had to cover my lips from shouting as I saw my Nana's dress beautifully worn on the silver screen.
I am filled with a strange emotion tonight feeling I have once again had a small part in a wonderful piece of cinematic magic.:)
Until rest time - Mrs. Bell


I am thrilled that your donation to Hollywood costumes has not only been appreciated but used for a staring roll! It deserves an Oscar!
ReplyDelete