Tuesday, August 16, 2016

As They Grow

Children are a blessing from the Lord. I am so blessed I have the honor to be raising 3 of them. With that honor comes tremendous responsibility. I and Mr. Bell are to raise them in the ways of the Lord and understand Biblical truths. 

We are currently in the thick of learning respect and how to have a respectful heart and attitude when things aren't as we want. Why are we such sinners and so selfish? Even though we learn how to deal with these emotions in ways that are not as bad as they could be (i.e. Throw oursleves on the floor of a restaurant) do we not still yell at a car that cuts us off or get upset when milk gets spilled on the tile floor that is a simple clean up? We are born sinners with wretched hearts and as I train and train and train my children to love, respect, and obey me I am convicted in my own shortcomings. 

We recently had an incident that caused us to pray hard for direction of how we should be approaching the attitude. H-man is extremely goal oriented so we made it a goal to overcome the urge to have attitude. Our new motto is:
WHEN TEMPTED TO SIN - STRIKE A FIGHT POSE.  
We need to fight against the devil's schemes and choose the right attitude even though we might want to choose the bad. When we see him headed toward the wrong choice we immediately say, "Fight pose!" and we both bust out our best warrior face and hand gesture. It not only turns the frustration to laughter, but it helps him see he can't give in to the sinful choice. 

I'm truly hoping he convicts me to the core the next time I get upset and tells me to strike a pose. 
Until rest time - Mrs. Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment