If you know me you know that I have not always been the biggest reader, therefore, I'm easily intimidated by a 'slower read'. My Sunday School class has a women's book club that I have been reluctant to join, however, this week one of the ladies announced that you could still join even if you chose not to read the book. Before you judge me, know that she asked that if this is the path you choose she'd advise you listen to a podcast of an interview with the author as she talks about the book. This sounded great to me!
This morning was a very rare occurrence in my house and I felt it was the Lord giving me the time to listen to the podcast. H-man had woken up around 2am with a bad dream that didn't allow him to fall back asleep until 4:15am...the other 2 simply needed more sleep this morning. Regardless, I had a quiet house to sit with my coffee and couch and headphones. Let me tell you - I was SO ENCOURAGED! I'd highly recommend you listen to it as well.
Podcast with Ann Voscamp
I often times forget the humility necessary in motherhood. I'm so thankful I can begin my week with this simple truth on my heart. I hope you are encouraged too!
PS - I'm super excited to join the book club and hopefully grow some new friendship from it. It takes time to grow a network of friends you can count on when you relocate. I've been very blessed to make some wonderful friends, but I've been praying for a few more. Maybe this will be an avenue that God will use to bring one ... who knows!
Until rest time -
Mrs. Bell
No comments:
Post a Comment