Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Playing A Memory

Sunday mornings tend to be an easy day for me to take 15 minutes and play piano.  This past Sunday I pulled out a piece that brings about a very vivid memory for me.  It's called "Your Grace Still Amazes Me". 

When I was in college I lived across the hall from one of the sweetest gals I've ever known.  She was kind and loving and had the most beautiful smile and heart.  She was an absolute joy to be near.  She also had one of the most beautiful voices even when it was coming from the showers :)  During her time at the college she chose a song to perform for various events and also sang it in her brother's wedding (which I attended).  I've always thought of it as her song.  Whenever I hear it I remember her and her love for the Lord and I say "This is Bethany's song."

Her story ended tragically, with a car accident taking the entire family except her brother who they were on their way to surprise in med school.  I remember him recounting details from the crash site at her memorial and saying the only salvageable things from the wreckage were each of their Bibles.  Bethany's had a printout in it with a picture and name of each of us sisters from her dorm wing.  She prayed for us daily.  I've never felt such love from someone who I didn't know inside and out. 

I may have only known her for a short time, but her testimony comes back to me each time I hear the song - so when I need to be reminded to love others and be filled with a joyful spirit - I play Bethany's song :)

(I wish I had a photo, but all my albums were trashed at some point and college was pre-digital days for me...)

Until rest time -
Mrs. Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment