Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Panama: part 2

Our next adventure was to hike back up the same mountain as the Sleeping Indian, but stop part way to go WET REPELLING.  This means you are repelling down a waterfall!  It was exhilarating and the perfect day for getting wet :)

I think my favorite moment of the day was when I got to the bottom of the falls and was poorly transitioning from the rock to the small pool one of the men from Ocho Panama (the company we used) gave me a look that said, "How was it?". 
Me: "Bueno!  Um..mas agua...umm...(point to face and act like I'm being sprayed with water)...?"  Ocho Panama Guy: "You got a lot of water in your face?" 
Me: "You speak English?!?"
Ocho Panama Guy: "Yeah, but that was funny watching you try to speak!"







Here's some of the photos from the day.  Ocho Panama took pictures too and apparently I missed a career in modeling because they now have my photo as their profile picture on FB ;)





Mr. Bell went up to the top to take photos of our group descending and while there another small contingent of repellers showed up.  The guide took his 1 rope and tied it around a tree.  He then harnessed his first tourist and told her to go!  I'm so glad we did not have that experience!

Right as we were finishing up a tropical flash flood hit.  I've never experienced such rain!  In seconds our trail down the mountain was a mud slide.  You couldn't see where you were stepping.  We were soaked to the bone and shivering through our laughter.  It makes sense that the Canal relies on the rain to keep it full - they do not pump any water, but use gravity to lift the ships through the locks.  More to come in the next post on the Canal... :)
Until rest time - Mrs. Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment