I'll wrap it up since I realize most people don't do quite this many posts for a 7 day vacation...it's really so I can look back and remember. I am a victim of Mommy-brain, therefore, I forget just about everything worth remembering...*sigh*.
After all our crazy days of adventure we headed out to the Sheraton Bijao Resort for a few days of relaxation. It was quite nice to just sit in the sun! Mr. Bell became the Sandman thanks to some of our tour mates and each night ended with dressing up and eating under the stars with the group.
Our last day we went to the Miraflores Locks. It was quite interesting to learn more about the canal and the locks system. Panama has no other major form of income as a country so they consider the canal their lifeline. It costs on average $250,000-400,000 per ship to travel through and they average about 38 ships per day. In 2007 they began an expansion project that will be complete next year that allows much larger ships to pass through. Those ships will cost double the amount to journey through. There is so much more to learn, but I'll leave that up to you to either Google it or go visit! :)
Before our flight home we took a walk to Casco Antiguo de Panama. Essentially Old Town Panama. It was quite interesting to walk there from the new thriving metropolis and see the difference. It was low tide while we walked the waterfront and we were shocked that water level goes down below the mud every day and then as the tide rises, the boats return to floating. Strange! All in all we had a wonderful trip and made some great friends!
Until Rest Time...
Mrs. Bell




No comments:
Post a Comment