Sunday, November 9, 2014

Daddy Traditions

Mr. Bell tugged at my heartstrings a few months ago when he told me he couldn't wait to start having camp-outs (in our playroom for now) with the boys.  This weekend we decided that H-man is now old enough to start the tradition.  We made a big deal out of going and buying sleeping bags for the camp-out.  We popped popcorn, ordered pizza and watched Finding Nemo.  We even let H-man read the bedtime stories to us by the dim light.  He was giddy the whole time and I held back my tears as I watched a new tradition begin between them.  


45 minutes later the guys emerged from the playroom stating H-man wanted his real bed.  I guess the next camp-out won't be as soon as we hoped, but the tradition has begun! :)

 Side-note: Hearing H-man read the story was priceless.  It was about Jesus walking on the water.  Each page he carefully exclaimed, "There was a boat, a fish, and Jesus!"

Until rest time - Mrs. Bell

1 comment:

  1. Love this story! Love that the little guy "read" the story about Jesus! Precious moments in a growing boys life!

    ReplyDelete