Friday, December 9, 2016

Best Money I've Ever Spent

My mom always taught me that she deems how much a shirt actually costs by the amount of times she wears it.  If the shirt cost her $50, but she wears it 50+ times it's only a penny per wear which makes it worth it.  I choose to be a little more cavalier in my shopping excursions, however, every once in awhile I remember my mother's wise words and consider them.  Last winter I made one of those conscious decisions and it has been the best money I have ever spent.

My winter coat for my pregnant belly.

I have an amazingly warm winter coat that I love.  When I found out I'd be in full belly mode through a winter in the Midwest I urged Mr. Bell to agree with me on purchasing my exact same coat a few sizes bigger.  My logic was not only to give me a comfortable winter, but we would then have a spare coat in the closet for any visitors who are not from the Midwest and have no idea how to withstand negative wind chills.


You cannot really tell here, but I could zip this coat over my big ol' belly and it was glorious.  Jump forward to this winter.  Unless I invest in one of those daycare strollers with 3+ seats, I wasn't 100% how to get to and from school efficiently.  I decided to 'just see' it I could zip the trusty coat over my Ergo.  Best experiment ever!
Girlfriend and I have been spending these chilly days warming each other and its been wonderful. 

Until rest time - Mrs.Bell
 

2 comments:

  1. A dollar a wearing not a penny ... but what's a couple of zeros ;) I love that you have a coat to warm both you and your sweet little girl this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your coat?

    ReplyDelete