Friday, September 1, 2017

Tourist Junkie

I'm pretty sure I'm a tourist junkie.  I was asked on this last adventure we took to the PacNW by extended family who I got my love of travel from.  I'm not 100% sure.  Maybe it's from my mom.  Maybe it's because I'm such an extrovert I can't handle staying at home for too long.  Wherever it came from I know I have a deep love for seeing new places.  How do I know this?  We got home from a 17 day trip this week and I asked Mr. Bell this morning if we should go somewhere for the long weekend.



It's a strange feeling.  I LOVE my home.  I have no desire to move away from it or out of it.  When we drive or fly home I have a smile on my face knowing my welcoming home will be waiting for me.  The sunshine streaming into my room in the morning will greet me and my jet-lagged self with beauty. 

I also seriously love how I go into purge mode as soon as I return home from living in a suitcase.  It's a cleanse that I welcome and am thankful I follow through with.  I think Salvation Army thanks me too!

I also love experiencing new things through the eyes of my kids.  We made a bucket list this summer that held all tourist ideas here in our city.  We rode to the 94th floor of a skyscraper and marveled at the view.  We even found our street from the eyes of the birdies :)  These are the days that trump the tantrums and move to the forefront of my mind. 

There's only one thing stopping me from being a true, bonafide tourist junkie: a fanny pack. 

Until rest time - Mrs. Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment